Palentian Cerrato is composed of rolling land and several low hills, from which it takes its name. It is a large district of more than 1700 km2, located in southern Palencia.
The vegetation along the River Pisuerga, its tributaries and brooks, provide greenery and shade. The area is dominated by ochre yellows, with a touch of green from pine, oak and kermes oak trees. The above-proposed towns can be clearly distinguished between the hills and cereal crops that dominate the moorland.